Our promise is genuine care...to Live Life Well.
ACROPOLIS MEDICAL CENTRE (AMC)
AMC is a community-focused facility uniquely positioned to provide you, your family and organisation with genuine health care. Our team of local and international professionals possesses a wealth of knowledge and expertise in specialized, high demand service areas inclusive of paediatric, dental, dialysis, internal medicine and cardiothoracic medicine (heart and lung conditions).
We continue to be affected through this unfolding crisis. In this difficult and uncertain time, our commitment remains to provide quality services that adhere to the highest standards of care and clinical excellence. Simultaneously, our duty is to adopt preventative measures that must be taken to protect your health, safety and well being and that of our hard-working staff.
On Friday 27th, 2020 the Minister of National Security of Trinidad and Tobago announced a deepening of the nation's measures in its fight to contain the spread of the COVID-19 Virus. Pursuant to the non-essential businesses were required to shut down with effect from midnight Sunday 29th March to Wednesday 15th April 2020. Hospitals and private medical institutions are categorized as essential businesses. As such, the Acropolis Medical Centre will remain open during this period. We are asking all employees to adhere to all COVID-19 protocols and laws issued by the government and Acropolis.
Our doors remain open to serve you, your family and organization. Listed below is an update:
1. Given the most recent measures announced by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, Acropolis Medical Centre will maintain its normal working hours of Mondays to Saturdays
from 8 am – 4 pm.
2. We will be implementing Tele-Consulting Services within the next few days that will allow you to consult with a doctor from the comfort of your home. Further details on this process will be provided by April 4th, 2020.
3. Based on expert recommendation, all dental services, apart from emergency cases, are hereby suspended with IMMEDIATE effect until further notice. If you have an upcoming appointment or need further clarification, please do not hesitate to call 657-3356 (ext. #2003 or #2020) to speak with our Dental Receptionist.
We would also like to reiterate the following actions that have been taken to safeguard everyone:
- We are limiting the number of family members accompanying patients to one (1).
- Throughout the Centre, hand sanitizers are stationed for patients and staff to use.
- We have increased the frequency of sanitization throughout the Centre and of equipment between patient use.
- A mandatory pre-screening of all patients will be done at the front entrance of the Centre.
- All our employees have been mandated to take precautionary health measures including frequent hand washing, social distancing and staying home when sick.
-If you believe that you are experiencing cough or flu-like symptoms, we encourage you to call one of the following hotline numbers for pre-screening before visiting the Centre. A doctor or nurse will be happy to advise you accordingly: 488-0068 or 488-0038
- A special controlled area (Infection Prevention and Control Unit) has been created for the management and treatment of patients with flu-like symptoms. Where symptoms are severe please, without hesitation, kindly head directly to your nearest Regional Health Centre.
Our team remains vigilant and is constantly monitoring the situation to ensure as a priority, your continued health, safety and well being.
Further updates will be provided as new measures are implemented.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty, we will get through this together!
Chief Executive Officer,
Acropolis Medical Centre